//some 3rd party need geo

Unwanted emails driving me crazy

Grambo 18:54 07 May 03

Over the last few months I seem to have been bombarded with emails from every company, source you could think of. I always send the 'unsubscibe me' reply, which is a bit of a joke, because some just dont get thru, and others even redirect me to another website. Surely there must be talk of legislation banning this intrusion as it would be very easy to report the sender. Could it be my security settings. Seems wierd all this has happened in short space of time. Any advice please

VoG™ 18:56 07 May 03

Yes, NEVER unsubscribe. Doing so simply confirms to the spammer that they have hit a live e-mail address. Hence your observed increase in spam.

rawprawn 18:58 07 May 03

Try installing mailwasher click here that way at least you can bounce them all back before they hit your computer

MartinT-B 21:38 07 May 03

set up more than one email.

Border View 22:09 07 May 03

Go with rawprawn and install mailwasher. That way you can blacklist senders and bounce the e-mails to a "remote server" (where-ever that is). I've installed mailwasher and am awaiting a reduction in dirty spam.

Border View 22:12 07 May 03

Without doubt - take note of what VoG advises.

Qmar 01:03 08 May 03

more spammers are using"web
bugs," Kee Hinckley at Somewhere.com points out
a spammer sends you HTML mail with a [web bug]
c. a unique name (e.g. xxxx.gif?e=[email protected])
to identify who it went to.- now they know
that you read spam messages.... by opening a spam message you can generate more spam. :. do not open any spams at all(which is easier said than done) or to disable HTML in your email
program (which isn't a particularly attractive alternative.)

kimjhon 01:37 08 May 03

So that a spam email never opens :

Configure OE not to use the preview pane.
Cos when an email is previewed it is open.

Also do not click on the email to delete it.Move the highlight using the arrows and hit the delete key.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…