Unwanted E:Mails

ol blueeyes 10:49 05 Feb 09

This follows on from what was said yesterday. Just to show how good these people are my story is.
Yesterday afternoon I changed my E:Mail address and completely removed my old one. I then informed 3 people of my New adds ie: PC Advisor - My Daughter - My Grandaughter. In less than 24 Hours I received a very objectionable E:Mail which was worse than previously received. This one contained Pictures. Any suggestions. ? Luckily this one had a Link to enable to unscrible which I did immediately.

anskyber 10:51 05 Feb 09

If you used the link to unsubscribe, something you should never do, I suggest you run your anti virus now.

Diodorus Siculus 10:53 05 Feb 09

Unsubscribing was a mistake; it simply advises that your email address is live.

Many millions of spam emails are sent without the sender knowing if the address is live or not so the new address you picked may be one of those. For example, a spammer can send mails to whoever_it_wants @ yahoo .com even if no one has this address. When someone then chooses it, they may well pick up the spam.

Hope you are not deluged by more.

Cheers, Dio

birdface 11:16 05 Feb 09

I use E-prompter and you just delete any spam from there.Any e-mails you want to keep will be transferred to your own E-mail provider once you open it.
click here

ol blueeyes 11:22 05 Feb 09

buteman

Hi! I use Kaspersky Security which gives you a list of E:Mails that you are receiving Which like you, you can delete before you actually receive them. Which I guess is the same as E-prompter. But it's a hastle and on the odd occaison you miss one
Thanks anyway.

birdface 12:43 05 Feb 09

Not sure there is a difference but you can open them in e prompter before you delete them not sure if it is the same with kaspersky.

interzone55 12:56 05 Feb 09

Even better, sign up for a Googlemail email account.

It's free, gives you almost 8gb of space, and the spam filter is second to none.

If you use the web interface you can check the spam folder for false positives, any spam is deleted after 7 days.

You can set Googlemail to collect mail from other accounts and also pick it up using a standard email client such as Outlook or Windows mail.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now