Unwanted emails

Glen 19:24 25 Sep 08

Filtering Spam

I need help in how to filter out a mass of unwanted emails offering various software, download movies etc which all seem to originate in Panama. I get 2 or 3 every day. The message source is different in every case. Examples are "Video@online-new--video.net" and "PDF@new-daily--info.com" and "email@info-mail-direct.org" and " Download@latest--info--news.com". The message always contains a mailing address in Panama. I have never responded or clicked on a link. Note the frequent use of a repeated hyphen. I am using Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0 with Windows 98SE.

Glen

colinb1604 19:48 25 Sep 08

Be prepared to change your address as once they start there is usually no end to it. i use one address for friends and family, and another for external use

Woolwell 19:56 25 Sep 08

Only 2 or 3. Count yourself lucky.

johnnyrocker 20:13 25 Sep 08

'lucky'
very much so i had more than 200 a day til i gave up the address

johnny

VoG II 20:34 25 Sep 08

Try this click here

DieSse 22:34 25 Sep 08

In Thunderbird you use the Filters in Tools.

It'seasy to set up - you simply select a New filter, and tell it what ype of messages you want to send to the Junk folder.

In you case maybe it's when the body contains a .pa - this will select all emails with panama domains in them. Or any other common text in the mail - such as Panama

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…