Unwanted e-mails!

tony-guitar 21:14 18 Dec 04

My wife may get 3-4 e-mails a day that never even have her name in it.The e-mail address is not hers but she gets them anyway. Do any of you good people out there know and why this happens and is there any way to stop them? Any help is appreciated.They are not necessarily perverse/distasteful etc but annoying just the same.Thanks

VoG II 21:16 18 Dec 04

Mailwasher click here

tony-guitar 23:01 18 Dec 04

Thanks for your suggestion VoG. Does this program have to be downloaded individually(eg.my wife's account) or if i do it, does every account automatically have access to it, do you know?

Border View 23:12 18 Dec 04

If you are working on Outlook Express go into message rules and set up so that anything that is not adressed to your wife specifically is deleted at the server. This has worked for me and has deleted about 95 percent of spam.

tony-guitar 13:50 19 Dec 04

thanks for your suggestion, but does it work with'Outlook'? (ie not "Express")

First Bass 14:30 19 Dec 04

Outlook Express is OK for creating message rules that will delete mail by using keywords created by you, eg "V1agra", but cannot filter sneakily worded spam. Mailwasher, which is freeware, but asks for donations, will only work in one account unless a donation is sent to the author in New Zealand. It needs to be configured separately to include your ISP and account name etc, and must be run before you open Outlook Express. It's got a couple of glitches, but generally works well as a mail filter that can spot and label potential spam before you download to OE from your server.

First Bass 14:36 19 Dec 04

The summary about Mailwasher also applies to Outlook! Run Mailwasher first, then Outlook.

tony-guitar 16:34 19 Dec 04

Thanks guys. What i still can't get my head around is how come e-mails get through that don't even have anything like the correct address! Blueyonder weren't much help either

Henmin 17:22 19 Dec 04

Hi VoG™, Barmoor, First Bass,

I've been reading with interest the above Posting. I have the same problems - e-mails without my e-mail address. I'm with AOL. Will it work for me too? AOL does not support OE.

Graham ® 17:29 19 Dec 04

Yes, it works with AOL click here

Henmin 22:49 19 Dec 04

Hi Graham ®,

Thanks. Downloaded FREE TRIAL. See how it works then I shall purchaser the FULL Program

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…