Unwanted e-mails

I am continuously receiving unwanted e-mails from someone trying to sell cheap software. It is always from someone with a womens name and although I block sender I keep getting more from someone else. Please help!

Falkyrn 08:24 20 Jun 04

Its nothing personal , it s just a nother load of spam.

So far I have added 8 names to the junk senders list in thunderbird which seems to have slowed but not stopped these emails.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:22 20 Jun 04

Welcome to the free, open source Internet! Just delete them, that is all you can do, it is not an arduous task.

G

curlylad 10:39 20 Jun 04

You could download Mailwasher this lets you have a quick look at what the email is likely to be about so you can then delete them before theyreach your inbox and clutter it up click here

OlduserII 14:50 20 Jun 04

I go along with that last suggestion. Its much much easier deleting spam with Mailwasher and, as said, it never gets to touch your machine

Terry Brown 15:54 20 Jun 04

I have a much easier solution. I got fed up with spam filters deleting files it thought were spam but I was waiting for, that I built my own system.Let everything into the inbox. Set up RULES to filter OUT the people you want to receive mail from and send to a new folder.You now have the mail you want in a simple system. Have a quick check of your inbox, to see if there is anything you want, if not Mass delete the lot.

GaT7 16:38 20 Jun 04

Use MailWasher if you have one email address affected. For more than one email address try ePrompter click here or POP Peeper click here. All are free & will let you pre-check & delete dodgy emails directly off the server before they even reach your PC. Whatever you do NEVER click on the links (or attachments) in any those dodgy emails - it just lets the spammer know that your email address is live & will probably spam you even more. Clicking on unsolicited email attachments will most likely give you a virus. HTH, G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…