Unwanted diial up Icon

Bomberboy1943 17:33 06 Jan 04

I have tried all the software you kind guys tol me to but it still comes back (like a Bad penny)any other train of thoughts oh the virus checkers have given me the all clear spybot cleared it but
as i say it keeps coming back
Thanx

AL D. 17:47 06 Jan 04

Can you supply details about the dialer,? name ect.and your o/s.

Bomberboy1943 17:54 06 Jan 04

1on1 windows98se
The Icon apears to be an unauthorised adult dial up icon I certinaly have not authorised it hope this helps

RAMPACK 19:28 06 Jan 04

I've suffered from these on occasion, I think the dialer keeps coming back because of a registry entry that the dialer has made,until the offending registry key is removed it will keep coming back.Yours is called 1on1 so search the registry for 1on1 and any references found can be removed.Once finished search again any more references found delete them.Any files or folders relating to the dialer can now be removed,once you reboot the computer the dialer should well and truely be gone.I remove dialers this way and I haven't failed to remove one yet.A WORD OF CAUTION THOUGH, be careful in the registry only delete keys found in the search, ie in your case keys named 1on1.If you can find a company name associated with the dialer,by checking it's properties,you can search the registry for the company name any keys found remove them.When references are found they will be highlighted in blue.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…