unwanted desktop option

stourry 00:25 24 Jun 03

have been getting music downloads from winmx and having got into pc have found a file in my docs that is of a sexual nature have tried to delete error message
cannot delete file. the file name you specified is invalid or too long specifiy a different name
have tried to re-name to delete wont let me
help needed to get it out of system

Terrahawk 00:30 24 Jun 03

have you tried spybot s&d click here
free to use may help with your problem

woodchip 00:51 24 Jun 03

Do the following to see if it works, replace the XXXXX with the File name you want to remove then try removing in windows after.

To remove follow these step's closely, go to start\find\files or folders type in the box XXXXX click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with XXXXX in it. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type XXXXX and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than XXXXX then reboot your computer

The Spires 02:09 24 Jun 03

Have you got a recently updated (Today) Anti-Virus program running? It's worth giving your system a free scan click here anyway. Remember there are heaps of 'Fake' files out there now that masquarade as legitimate programs and toolbars add-ons but are teeming with worms & nasties.

stourry 09:24 25 Jun 03

woodchip
have cleared from registry but still cannot clear file from my docs due to file name to long error wont let me delete from find files any more suggestions would be appreciated

woodchip 13:28 25 Jun 03

Try removing in safe mode. Or if you are Win98 you can delete in DOS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…