Unwanted desktop icons

carryduff 13:08 28 Sep 09

Hi, can someone please tell me how to remove an unwanted desktop icon.It's an installer icon for Adobe reader and although I've uninstalled the program I can't get rid of the desktop icon. It does'nt show up on any list of desktop items. Any help will be much appreciated Thanks

mrwoowoo 13:19 28 Sep 09

Can you not just right click and delete in the normal way?
Sometimes just right clicking and selecting refresh on the desktop will remove it after an uninstall.

Pine Man 13:20 28 Sep 09

Have you tried removing it in Safe Mode (F8 at startup)?

birdface 19:48 28 Sep 09

Try dragging it and dropping it in the recycle bin.

carryduff 20:30 28 Sep 09

Sorry guys, tried all of the above, still no joy

iscanut2 21:10 28 Sep 09

If it really matters about getting rid of it, go back and reinstall Adobe Reader and then try uninstall again via Install/Uninstall in Control Panel and see if that works.

carryduff 21:28 28 Sep 09

Tried that wizard says access denied??

ambra4 02:32 02 Oct 09

Forget Microsoft Add/Remove program as it leave files in the registry and on the hard

drive which will causes problem uninstalling and reinstalling programs

Reinstall the software and use Revo Uninstaller to remove the program

Revo Uninstaller

click here

If the windows request message to reboot appear DO NOT click the NO button Revo will

now search the registry and hard drive for any files that is not required, just click the

Select All button and the Delete button if any left over files are found once the “Finish”

button appear you can than reboot the computer

carryduff 14:06 02 Oct 09

Hi ambra4 have tried to reinstall program which is adobe reader 9 but keep getting OPERATING SYSTEM ERROR messages although computer seems fine and I can download other programs.

ambra4 15:26 02 Oct 09

“Keep getting OPERATING SYSTEM ERROR messages”

Which mean that there is a registry setting was not removed

Use Wise Registry Cleaner Free Version 4.83 and do a registry clean up

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…