Unwanted default page size in Word97

Newuser3489 14:09 03 Jun 03

I use WordPerfect as my WP preferred program. I also have Word97 installed. I am interested in genealogy and I use the Mormons' Family Search (FS) program for this. My problem is as follows.
By default, any documents saved in FS are processed by Word and there appears to be no way of changing this. I have set the default page size in both programs to be A4. However, the FS documents created in Word are ALWAYS done so with 'letter' sized paper. If I print directly from FS, without saving the document, then the paper is A4. All other documents in Word come out formatted for A4, but not the FS ones. Is there anything I can do to force Word to format these FS documents as A4 ones?
Thanks.

-pops- 14:23 03 Jun 03

I am not surprised that the Mormon pages come out as letter size as that is the US standard and the Mormons are American.

You may be best letting the pages stay as they are because not only is letter paper a different size it is a also different shape and any tables or other things requiring a precise layout may be spoiled by forcing an alteration in page size/shape.

Having said all that, though, is it so important?

US small letter is 21.59 x 27.94 whilst A4 is 21 x 29.7. If there is a fit problem try altering the margins.

Newuser3489 14:36 03 Jun 03

Thanks for the reply. The page size is not really important, more of an intellectual puzzle which I would have liked to have solved.
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now