unwanted data

mimo 15:00 17 Dec 03

hello everybody..its been 10 months since i used the recovery disc and went to factory presets.over the 10 months i must of aquired a lot of useless unwanted date on my harddrive.is there any way/program which will state clearly what can/cannot be removed .i have winxp.thanks for taking the time to read my request.best regards.mimo

©®@$? 15:03 17 Dec 03

if it is programs that have been installed, then you can remove the ones you do not like from add and remove programs

control panel/add and remove programs

Jester2K II 15:03 17 Dec 03

What type of data?

Programs like Supercleaner click here will clear out unneeded temp files and such...

Jester2K II 15:05 17 Dec 03

or right click the C Drive and select Disk CleanUp to run the cleanup wizard....

Diemmess 17:50 17 Dec 03

This could be an example of having a wealth of HD space which soon becomes cluttered unless you do some regular housekeeping.

Certainly use the recommended sweeps for dead applications and "orphaned" files.
Most of these "Cleaner" applications verge on the over-safe side, to avoid getting a bad name for ruining your system.

Then only you, can search for long forgotten notes, documents, pictures and downloads. Also "image" files set up when burning CDs and not needed again.

If you have enough space, make a new folder called Junk or Dead, and move any unknown or long forgotten stuff in there, as a safeguard until you're sure it is not needed and then make sure you delete this as well. This is your version of the Bin, but safer since you need to empty the bin farely often and most of the Cleaner apps will do this anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…