Unwanted connection

ZBQW 17:51 19 Dec 04

Every time I open Windows Explorer or Control Panel, the dial up box appears trying to connect to the iinternet. Ive tried changing settings Internet Tools to no avail. Im running ME by the way. Has anybody got any ideas on how to solve the problem?

chub_tor 18:29 19 Dec 04

It seems as if something in your Control Panel is tying to update itself. I presume that you click stay offline and then contine do you? If so when the control panel is open but the dial up box is not showing try clicking on some of your control panel icons such as the sound card or modem to see if you can find out which one wants to dial out.

ZBQW 20:11 21 Dec 04

Thanks for the responses, but I still can't sort it!

chub_tor - I've had a look around in control panel and I can't find anything that looks like it's trying to update.

crx1600 - I've just tried resetting defaults, but no joy. If I select "never dial a connection" it never does, even when I want it to.

mrdsgs 08:05 22 Dec 04

look what is in your programs/startup program group from the start button.

Often it is an automatic registration reminder that is trying to dial out. they can be safely deleted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…