Unwanted Browser Removal

Wiliwombat 11:13 04 Nov 04

Every time start IE a toolbar at the bottom of my screen appears. Any ideas how to remove it. Tried system restore but for some reason this not working. Running windows XP Pro. Also Ad-Aware, AVG and Zone Alarm. No luck with these either. I've tried to put their address into Restricted Zones but this doesn't work either.
The offending web site address is click here. Can someone please help me get rid of this as its driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Thanks

rawprawn 11:23 04 Nov 04

Control Panel/ Add or remove programs,? it may not be called search the web. Look carefully at things you are not sure of.

bertiecharlie 11:53 04 Nov 04

As rawprawn says, try to remove it from Add or Remove Programs. It will leave a whole load of junk behind, however. click here and scroll half way down the page to the Manual Removal section.

Alternatively, download the free trial of SpySweeper from click here Update the definitions before scanning with it.

rawprawn 11:58 04 Nov 04

Also look in msconfig to stop it loading as a short term solution

iambeavis 12:01 04 Nov 04

Lop.com, a bit more info for you :-

click here
click here

bertiecharlie 12:12 04 Nov 04

MSNPlus can be a source of this if you opt to install the sponsor material along with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…