Unwanted Application ?

colrobs 20:18 14 May 04

Last night when online internet explorer really started to slow down resulting in me disconnecting, restarting pc and finally reconnecting. Problem solved internet explorer running okay.
Tonight whilst looking in Local Drive C I noticed an Application called Q250204. Hanging the curser over it or clicking properties reveals no information other than it was created last night and that it is 5.50kb in size. I am running WinXP with SP1 included. AVG and Ad-Aware don't show any problems. I also always run Zone alarm when on the internet. Tonight no obvious problems online.
Can anyone tell me what this application is and should I be worried about it.

Col.

VoG II 20:22 14 May 04

Try running CWShredder click here

Pearly Gates |X|X| 20:38 14 May 04

Found these on Google ttp://click here=

colrobs 20:39 14 May 04

Thanks VOG I will download it and give it a try. I'm still interested to know what this application is.
I'm going offline now willget back to you all later.

Col.

colrobs 22:27 14 May 04

Tryed VOGs suggestion, it didn't find any problems. The pc's new, only had it one month.
I am really wondering if anyone can tell me what this application is. Pearly Gates link suggests it is a trojan. I think I shall search the web a bit more to see if I can find anything about it.

Col.

wicked willy 23:57 14 May 04

click here
Hi colrobs, I found this item on a site search engine and if you go to the site above you will find all the details hopwe it has been some good to you Bill (wicked willy)

colrobs 23:52 16 May 04

From searching the web Q250204.exe appear to be some sort of worm or dialler. I say this because Zonealarm blocked it from accessing the web. Could not find any definite description on the web of what this application is. Wicked Willies link refers to win me and dos programme and is listed within Win Knowledge Base as Q(Question)250204.
Anyway, eventually decided to to set System Restore back a week and this appears to have sorted it. Application Q250204 no longer in Local Drive C.
Thanks to all who responded and I hope this may be useful to others if they encounter the same problem.

Col.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…