unwanted adverts appear

Billp64 11:16 20 Jun 06

Hi
Running windows XP home all up to date, windows defender, spybot and Norton's anti virus. Home page ok etc.

While on web an ad suddenly appears and interups if click off another comes. All of above checks will not clear any ideas what to try.
This has happened on more than one site.
Thanks for your help.

Bill

GBL 11:22 20 Jun 06

I use the Google toolbar that has a popup stopper which works fine for 99%, plus easy to type in a search. It is free from th egoogle site.

Billp64 11:37 20 Jun 06

Sorry I should have said that pop-ups are blocked and even tried higher settings but the same ad keeps coming back. It is often a sex sight but click the x and it opens allsorts, shopping etc.

johndrew 14:55 20 Jun 06

Sounds to me as if you need to run your malware programs. You may have picked up a `nasty` if it is the same pop-up on several different sites.

If you download the Trend Micro Cleanup Engine click here and the most recent Pattern File click here and run these it may well help. It does take some time to complete though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…