Unwanted Advertising Pages

haricot 13:27 27 Jan 09

Can anyone offer any explanation why I have just started to be bombarded with unwanted Advertising pages each time I go on to the internet.

oldbeefer2 13:35 27 Jan 09

Have you picked up something unpleasant? Worth running virus scan etc.

haricot 14:22 27 Jan 09

Thanks for coming back oldbeefer2 I appreciate it.Having run a virus check it tells me that everything is fine and nothing was found.
The only thing I have done recently is to set up a couple of Google Alerts. Do you think it had got anything to do with those?

oldbeefer2 14:28 27 Jan 09

Possible - try reverting to how it was before and see what happens. Have you also run an antimalware prog?

rawprawn 14:34 27 Jan 09

Try running Malwarebytes click here

haricot 14:41 27 Jan 09

oldbeefer2, I confirm that the Virus Check has again confirmed that the check was claear ...no infection found.
I have taken the Google Alerts off but now I'm getting messages to say it cant find the server !

So I'm not sure what is going on. You've lost me I'm afraid on the other thing . I have never heard of Actimal prog !

oldbeefer2 14:54 27 Jan 09

'anti-malware' with a hyphen. Different bugs which antivirus won't always pick up. Run the programme suggested by rawprawn - that will find and clear any malware.

rawprawn 14:56 27 Jan 09

Actimal prog !

You have misread this it is an Anti Malware Program, I have suggested one to you. Download it, update it and then run a complete scan

oldbeefer2 15:15 27 Jan 09

Isn't that a pro-biotic drink?

haricot 15:36 27 Jan 09

I loaded and ran the Anti Malware as suggested . Ity found 4 Infections but will not let me deal with them !

what to do next?

rawprawn 15:53 27 Jan 09

Try running it in Safe mode (Keep Tapping F8 as you boot your copmputer)
What message if any did you get?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5