unwanted advert pop-ups

geedad 22:18 29 Aug 07

Anyone experiencing unwanted advertisement pop-ups?
These are a nuisance to me since they pop up all the time and slow down my work.
They appear to originate from a file called avi something, then a series of adverts follow, and are difficult to delete.
I use Ad-Aware, and PCGuard (virgin media), and I have Windows Defender installed, but none of these seem to work.

If anyone has been experiencing unwanted advertisement pop-ups such as this, and have solved the problem I would appreciate it.
geedad

Hi,

Try superantispyware
click here and
a-squared
click here
update both before running
also if not using firefox,
click here

johnnyrocker 23:23 29 Aug 07

click here should solve it

jjohnny.

geedad 08:03 31 Aug 07

johnnyrocker
*THE RAVEN*
Thanks, guys!
These are excellent suggestions. However, I have just posted a new thread about the same thing, because the problem still exists.
Why are these companies allowed to interfere with peoples computers like this?
I may be wanting to access something quickly, then up pops one of these nuisances, covering my whole screen, and leaving me frustrated trying to clear it. I eventually do, but by this time it has taken 3 or 4 minutes to delete it, and then noguarantee that it wont come back.
Anyone got a magic eraser?
geedad

johnnyrocker 08:36 31 Aug 07

you appear not to be taking on board the help offered in your other posts, it is far simpler to close the others and stick to one post only and that way some cotinuity can ensue.

johnny.

VoG II 08:48 31 Aug 07

Continued click here

geedad 18:33 31 Aug 07

johnnyrocker
You are quite right!
But, Heavens above! I would NEVER ignore responses from the very dedicated Forum members.
I tried the suggested software, and whilst it is superb, it did not solve the problem from my original posting.
Thank for your suggestion regarding the same posting.
I will close this one and continue with my latest.
geedad

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5