Unusual problem: NVIDIA twin view windows

Ellen G 09:26 01 Nov 05

I run windows 2000 professional, updated, and am finding intermittent problems on shutdown, invariably involving the NVIDIA twin window programme. The message I get is that it's not responding.

I keep the system clean, run antispyware and NAV. It was checked over by an expert a few weeks ago and the problem disappeared. For ten days. But now it's back.

Norton Utilities found nothing relevant. Drivers for NVIDIA are up-to date (to my knowledge).

My Toshiba Satelitte pro 1600 is three years old.

Before I do a complete reinstall, does anyone know of anything less drastic which I could try?

€dstowe 13:39 01 Nov 05

I have a machine in which this message sometimes appears on shutdown. Do you have the option to "End program now"? I normally find this is successful and shutdown then proceeds normally.

Happens about once a week but not regularly. I'm not going to do anything about it as it's such a minor thing that doesn't seem to affect anything else - but trying to cure it may well upset the whole system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…