unusual printer cable needed

covers 15:54 17 Apr 04

The charity I work with (for people with hearing loss)was recently given an old HP Deskwriter 560c printer to go with a computer we were given. However there was no cable and although the computer connection is standard, the printer has a PS2 socket (I think that's correct - it's the same as keyboard & mouse connections on computers - assuming no USB) I've never seen one and nobody I've spoken to has either. Any ideas?
Much thanks for any help.

961 16:17 17 Apr 04

A search of the HP web site seems to suggest that this printer uses a standard bi-directional parallel cable as did most printers of this sort of age. I have not so far come across a printer using a PS2 socket.

You can get full information about the printer and download a manual from click here and type 560c in the search box

961 16:34 17 Apr 04

Information on the same web site about the deskWRITER 560c suggests a serial 8 pin cable RS422, HP part number 92215s

The printer is no longer available of course but HP are usually quite helpful and a call to their technical dept in the UK or via e-mail mentioning the charity may be worthwhile

Sir Radfordin 16:48 17 Apr 04

Are you sure that you aren't looking at the power input for the printer?

It should ahve a normal parralel printer port as well - round the back on the side of something is often the case.

Sir Radfordin 16:48 17 Apr 04

Are you sure that you aren't looking at the power input for the printer?

It should ahve a normal parralel printer port as well - round the back on the side of something is often the case.

Sir Radfordin 16:49 17 Apr 04

Sorry about that double posting!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…