Unusual Phishing message

medicine hat 10:00 04 Apr 05

Received one of those banking phishing mails. But what surprised me was when initially shown in Outlook's Autopreview it says "If you'd like I'd love You are through In fact in 1999". Any idea why?

The link goes to http ://220.130.68.51/rpm - where would that be, presumably not in the UK somewhere?

Kate B 12:42 04 Apr 05

rubbish coding on the part of the phisher? I just tried to raise that site and got "connection refused". Bin it and think no more of it.

medicine hat 13:21 04 Apr 05

Thanks Kate. Yes, rubbish coding indeed but bizarre nonetheless. Good to know the site has been taken down already - don't suppose they actually last very long nowadays.

pauldonovan 13:27 04 Apr 05

..I use DNS Stuff site for anything internet/tcp-ip related, it is awesome.

click here

gives full details of an 'ipwhois' report on that ip address.

The "Domain Info" area links off to the following:
click here

which clearly shows someone at abbey reporting them and getting them added to the spam databases. If you can get a spam filter that can talk to real time blacklists i'd recommend it as it would've probably (depdending on timing of email being blocked/you downloading your email) stopped you getting this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…