Unusual CD-Rom shape

ventanas 14:10 13 Aug 07

Just bought a new watch which came with interactive instructions on CD-Rom. Problem is the cd is the same size and shape as a credit card, with a partial round cd shape in the middle.
But because of this rectangular shape two sectors have been chopped off, so to speak. What I mean is the circumference does not extend the the edge top and bottom. Obviously it can't be read. I just wondered if anyone had seen one of these before, and what can be done with it. Otherwise I will have to contact the manufacturer. Thankfully it also came with a printed manual.

Grateful for any help.

rawprawn 14:12 13 Aug 07

Hi John, yes I have had one like that although I can't remember what it was for. Justput it in as normal.Wow! what kind of watch is that.

ventanas 14:30 13 Aug 07

Hi Dennis, It's an Accurist chronograph, and it's just read it on the umpteenth attempt. Copied to hard drive now, so will tick. I hope I never see one of these again.

Now to work out what all the little buttons and dials do. I suppose one of them tells the time.

€dstowe 14:30 13 Aug 07

I used those credit card CDs some time ago for sales promotions. They fit into the tray designed for small size disks.

I stopped using the cards after I heard that in high speed CD readers the non-circular shape can cause the drive to vibrate with possible unpleasant consequences.

ventanas 14:30 13 Aug 07

Hi Dennis, It's an Accurist chronograph, and it's just read it on the umpteenth attempt. Copied to hard drive now, so will tick. I hope I never see one of these again.

Now to work out what all the little buttons and dials do. I suppose one of them tells the time.

ventanas 14:32 13 Aug 07

Thanks, strange I've never seen one before. Will try and avoid in future.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac