Unusual CD-Rom shape

ventanas 14:10 13 Aug 07

Just bought a new watch which came with interactive instructions on CD-Rom. Problem is the cd is the same size and shape as a credit card, with a partial round cd shape in the middle.
But because of this rectangular shape two sectors have been chopped off, so to speak. What I mean is the circumference does not extend the the edge top and bottom. Obviously it can't be read. I just wondered if anyone had seen one of these before, and what can be done with it. Otherwise I will have to contact the manufacturer. Thankfully it also came with a printed manual.

Grateful for any help.

rawprawn 14:12 13 Aug 07

Hi John, yes I have had one like that although I can't remember what it was for. Justput it in as normal.Wow! what kind of watch is that.

ventanas 14:30 13 Aug 07

Hi Dennis, It's an Accurist chronograph, and it's just read it on the umpteenth attempt. Copied to hard drive now, so will tick. I hope I never see one of these again.

Now to work out what all the little buttons and dials do. I suppose one of them tells the time.

€dstowe 14:30 13 Aug 07

I used those credit card CDs some time ago for sales promotions. They fit into the tray designed for small size disks.

I stopped using the cards after I heard that in high speed CD readers the non-circular shape can cause the drive to vibrate with possible unpleasant consequences.

ventanas 14:30 13 Aug 07

Hi Dennis, It's an Accurist chronograph, and it's just read it on the umpteenth attempt. Copied to hard drive now, so will tick. I hope I never see one of these again.

Now to work out what all the little buttons and dials do. I suppose one of them tells the time.

ventanas 14:32 13 Aug 07

Thanks, strange I've never seen one before. Will try and avoid in future.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…