Unusual Battery Display

Chirag 13:10 23 Dec 07

I bought the Asus F3E-AP073C laptop a few months back and have noticed that when I am running it on battery power, sometimes the screen brightness lowers by itself and the battery indicator suddenly turns full. It stays like that until I switch off the laptop. Is there any way I can fix this issue? Thanks.

thms 13:16 23 Dec 07

It probably does this to save battery power.
There may be something under power settings in control panel to change this.

Chirag 13:21 23 Dec 07

Saving power makes sense, but surely the real battery power remaining should be showed rather than it changing suddenly to 100%?

thms 13:28 23 Dec 07

Don't really know a lot about laptops. Looking on google though says asus uses a sotware utility called power4 gear utillity to change your power settings.

postie24 14:40 23 Dec 07

If its only a few months old,i would take it back,might be a faulty battery.

woodchip 14:58 23 Dec 07

if you look at your keyboard you will see a fn key press this along with a key that as sun on it this will brighten the screen but use more battery power

Chirag 15:14 23 Dec 07

The battery lasts about 2 and a half hours, but the only problem is that it suddenly is displayed as 100%. The battery is functioning to its time limit. What do I do to cure this issue?

Chirag 21:13 02 Mar 08

I think I wasnt explaining my problem clearly, what happens is when my laptop is connected to the ac power supply, the battery icon on the taskbar is shown as charging. But sometimes it changes to just the battery icon and the brightness decreases (due to the brightness setttings set like that), this happens with the ac power supply plugged. What's happening? any ideas? Many thanks

woodchip 21:19 02 Mar 08

When screen brightness drops battery is bound to go up as it work on an assumption on how much computer is using

woodchip 21:19 02 Mar 08

You could check Power Settings in Control Panel for Battery

Chirag 21:21 02 Mar 08

The problem is not the brightness dropping, as I can easily change the settings for it to be the same brightness level for ac power supply mode and battery mode. But the problem is that even when it is connected via a power supply it sometimes automatically switches to battery mode, why does this happen? It seems like some bug as there is nothing wrong with the battery, it lasts as long as it is supposed to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…