Unused Microsoft Outlook Express 'Reappearing'

Now I am using bt broadband on my XP home system I find that if I want to contact an e-address on a website, the Outlook Express box comes up complete with my old modem e-address.

I thought I had cleared all this out of the when I changed to the bt Yahoo site.

What do I need to do to to make the response box acknowledge my new ISP and e-address please?

Tj_El 18:34 05 May 04

Normally this setting is found within Internet Explorer under Tools > Internet Options. Select the 'Programs' tab and check which software handles your 'E-Mail'.

If you do not wish to use Outlook Express for this task, select the appropriate one from the list.

In Outlook Express you might want to check under Tools > Accounts. Select the 'Mail' tab and check your email account 'Properties'. Also check the Connection (DialUp) settings under "Tools > Options > Connection" or alternatively from within Internet Explorer under "Tools > Internet options > Connections"

Regards.

Thanks Tj-EL but I can't find a 'programmes' tab when I click IE 'options'. Any suggestions please? Also, since OE appears to be struck out now I can't recall it to make adjustments.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…