Untitled Document instead of title

jorel 01:05 20 Mar 07

I would appreciate a little help if possible please. My web site is up and running but I have a problem. Although I have given every page a title it is appearing as Untitled Document in the browser bar. I have double checked, including both of the frames for the nav bar frame and page frame. Any help would be very much appreciated.
I am using Dreamweaver MX 2004 to develop the site and the address is click here if you need to check it.

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

SimpleSimon1 09:07 20 Mar 07

Hi

As fourm member says, you don't appear to have set the title tag. "Untitled Doucment" is the MX2004 default for this attribute.

Dead easy to fix....open up the page in MX2004 and on the second toolbar (assuming that you've got the "Common" toolbar open), you'll see the Code, Split and Design buttons. Just to the right of the Design button, you'll see the label "Title" and a box which (probably) contains the text "Untitled Document". Change this text to whatever title you want, cursor out the field and the new title will be automatically applied. Using the Split or Code buttons will enable you to confirm that the <title> tag has been updated with your new title.

However, if you've done all this and your title still isn't showing, I'd guess it's something to do with your use of frames. In that case, can't help, I'm afraid....really don't like the things and don't use them.

Give Cornwall my best. My wife is a Perranporth girl but she made the mistake of meeting me and eventually moved 'up country' :-)

jorel 12:30 20 Mar 07

Many thanks for the help and information. With your advice the problem is solved.
My reason for using the frameset was so that I could have a scrollable navigation bar. Your point is taken about frames though, and when I have time I will redesign the pages without frames, even if I have to forego the scrolling nav bar.
Once again, thank you both for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017