Untidy recycle bin

Skeletor 11:55 13 Jun 03

This is not a big problem, just a minor niggle.
Whenever I go to my recycle bin, it always reverts to "Arrange icons by name" even though previously I had arranged them by "Date deleted". It doesn't "Show in groups" either even though this had previously been selected. I'm using WinXP home. any thoughts anyone? Cheers

-pops- 12:04 13 Jun 03

As the recycle bin is intended to be safety net in the last stage before oblivion, does it really matter in what way they are listed?

Skeletor 20:04 13 Jun 03

As I said, it's not a major problem, but as Microsoft saw fit to include the "View" options, I think it's only reasonable to be able to use them. It would be nice, when on the odd occasion I need to check the recycle bin, to find it in the order in which I left it. Especially as I feel sure there is a solution.

jazzypop 20:06 13 Jun 03

Arrange the view as you want it, hold the Ctrl key down and then press the X in the top right corner to close the Recycle Bin window

Dr. Charles 20:06 13 Jun 03

My recycle bin is to empty after a few days. I think you are getting a bit carried away - - - -lol

Skeletor 23:05 13 Jun 03

Thanks jazzypop, I'll give it a try.It's interesting to note from a couple of replies how differently people work with their PC's.I still have stuff in my bin from 2-3 months ago, (haven't changed the settings from default).Also in response to -pops-, I have been known to retrieve stuff from the bin (I cant be the only one) so an orderly bin makes life a little easier. Thanks all.

leo49 23:20 13 Jun 03

I disable it - as far as I'm concerned delete means delete and once it's gone it's gone.As you say,different strokes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…