unsolicited adverts appeared from somewhere

jerica 21:58 04 Apr 15

All of a sudden I'm suffering from a mass of unwanted adverts while online, everything from pop ups to whole pages, even e-bay seems to have twice as many as usual. A lot of them are trying to get me to buy anti virus stuff, e-fix and the like. I don't know how I let them in but I really want them gone. Tried malewarebytes and spybot and things like adfender but nothing seems to work. Help please before I chuck the hard drive in the river.

rdave13 22:19 04 Apr 15

Run your scans in safe mode first. If nothing works then run ADWCleaner.

jerica 11:03 05 Apr 15

Didn't work, first run with ADW cleaner found loads of stuff but didn't make any difference, second run found nothing. I was in safe mode. Still suffering, had seven ads on one page just now and got diverted while trying to get here. Seems to be something called Powered by name, Ads everywhere and constantly being diverted to new pages advertising e-fix or similar. Driving me nuts.

onthelimit1 11:15 05 Apr 15

Run the free version of Hitmanpro - it's valid for 30 days.

wee eddie 11:31 05 Apr 15

As a matter of interest: What Antivirus Software do you have installed on the PC?

jerica 14:59 05 Apr 15

AVG, I think it tried to tell me about something but I was in a hurry and missed it. Hitman was a complete waste of time.

wee eddie 16:04 05 Apr 15

How often do update and run Full Scans with AVG?

bumpkin 17:04 05 Apr 15

You could try this click here

bumpkin 17:10 05 Apr 15

Next to the green instal for firefox box are small icons on the RHside where you can select a different browser if you are not using Firefox.

lotvic 22:41 05 Apr 15

You need to follow all the steps on ClickHere to get rid of all the Redirect Virus's, don't miss out any steps. Read the full page before you do anything. All the tools used are free programs, no cost involved.

However, first you could try a system restore back to before you had the problem, it might just work to fix it.

Once you have 'got clean' you should install things like: Adblock+, SpywareBlaster, Unchecky (all free programs and will not clash with AVG or other 'Anti' programs)

rdave13 22:53 05 Apr 15

Check programs and features for any strange software that is installed. Might be called ShopperPro, Obrona or Coupons. Power coupons, Free Shop or similar. Uninstall the latest and strangest you find. Restore all of your browsers to default. Run Ccleaner and its registry cleaner. If you haven't got it download Malwareytes antimalware, update it.

Download Rkill and run it. Do not reboot or log off. Once Rkill has run then run Malwarebytes and then run ADWCleaner again. Reboot as ADW will suggest.

Ccleaner.

Rkill

Malwarbytes free link on left, I'd accept the free trial period.

Back to normal mode it won't do any harm to run HitmanPro again as well as Malwarebytes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…