Unsent Messages in Outbox

chestnutcake 21:45 21 Jul 11

Can anyone help please? I have Windows 7 Home Premium and have protection with Norton. Today when I go into my Windows Mail location a strange message constantly pops up

Headed
Windows Live Mail

Underneath an Exclamation Mark coloured Yellow. Alongside the exclamation Mark it states

You have unsent messages in your Outbox. Do you want to send them now. Option then to say YES or NO
I do have a Drafts folder, but am not aware of an Outbox, cannot find this anywhere and my Drafts folder is empty. I am wondering if I have been attacked by some nasty thing or other.

northumbria61 22:07 21 Jul 11

Take a look at these suggestions link text

chestnutcake 22:14 21 Jul 11

Thankyou Northumbria 61 for your response. I did click on a link from the list you suggested but I am still not sure what to do. It says I may have typed an invalid email address etc. Well, I cannot check any Outbox because I don't know where it is. As I said, my Drafts folder is empty and I have not had any emails returned by the Mailer Daemon which is normally what would happen with anyone sending to an invalid email address.

northumbria61 10:34 22 Jul 11

I am almost sure you have typed an incorrect address. I don't use Windows Mail but there should be something within that program in your settings - maybe under tools - show all folders or show all messages.

northumbria61 10:37 22 Jul 11

Try this -

Open Windows Mail

Select “View” on the top toolbar

Choose Layout

Place a checkmark by “Folder List”

Click Apply, then OK

northumbria61 10:43 22 Jul 11

If it is a "Windows" thing and not a Windows Mail problem then go through the procedure here for showing hidden files and folders (click on the Step by Step screenshot walk through) link text

northumbria61 10:45 22 Jul 11

Just realised you are using Windows 7 - then take a look here link text

chestnutcake 11:01 22 Jul 11

Hi again Northumbria61

I have clicked on the last link that you kindly sent me for Windows 7 Live Mail. Quite a list to go through and I actually am a bit of a dimbo and rely on my Sister for help [or this excellent Forum ] if something is puzzling to me. As it happens, the message has now disappeared, not sure if it will surface again or not. Whether it does or not, I will ask my Sister to go through the link that you sent so we will know what to do in future. My very grateful thanks to you.

northumbria61 11:39 22 Jul 11

I am pleased to hear the message has disappeared. Sometimes messages get stuck in the "outbox" for no apparent reason and even when they have the "correct" address on - then when you close and reopen your email program they get "sent".

You may find it has been "sent" and will reach its destination or if the address is/was found to be incorrect it will be returned as "undeliverable".

As I said previously, I don't use Windows Mail but I think the Outbox is "hidden by default" for some unknown reason - but hopefully your sister should be able to sort something in the "settings".

Incidentally I use "Incredimail" which used to show all the folders including the "outbox" but in the newer version this is hidden and shows only when there is a message that "hasn't been sent"

Why they make these changes is beyond me.

chestnutcake 09:02 23 Jul 11

Me again with an update. My Sister told me where to locate the Outbox on my system - left hand side of screen scroll right down way below the list of folders and there you find the Outbox. Yes, there was an unsent message in it, it had originally been in my drafts folder and somehow or other I did not send this but had re-typed the email. Thank you again for taking time to help with my problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac