unsecured network message for secure network

aketten 16:57 09 Oct 09

when my laptop connects to my wireless network it says it is unsecured however the network is secured and when i check the available networks it shows my network as secured. Should I be worried and how do I fix this?

Audio~~Chip 23:04 09 Oct 09

your router. We need to know which windows you have and what Make & Model of Router. This is because within the router settings their will be a part for Wireless security and if it is enabled and secure it will have a network key in. But to view the settings within the router we need more info please

aketten 12:30 10 Oct 09

I have windows xp and the router is a sweex LWO50. The wireless network has been up and running for just over 2 years now and has not been a problem. over the last week it has been cutting in and out alot and then it just started saying the laptop was connected to the network (unsecured) then it cuts out again and doesn't say unconnected. the network is secured using WPA2.
thanks

pookie 13:31 15 Oct 09

Hi

I get the same sometimes. I boot up and my wireless pc connects to my wireless modem/router with the correct connection 'name' and showing as 'secured'. At random times after that it will then show as correct connection 'name' but as 'unsecured'. However,if I look at 'view available networks' it still shows my connection as WPA secured.

Should I worry about the 'unsecured' connection message that appears? Windows xp sp3 with D link modem/router.

P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…