Unsafe attachments

pj123 15:47 14 Feb 06

Have someone who was forwarded a perfectly innocent attachment but they get something like:

"the attachment was removed as unsafe"

They are on NTL cable BB and I also am on NTL BB and received the same attachment but I didn't get any error message.

We are both on Win 98SE and have AVG, Zonealarm, Adaware, Spybot and Spywareblaster running.

Do they need to change some settings somewhere, please?

Gongoozler 16:01 14 Feb 06

In Outlook Express - Tools - Options - Security. Uncheck "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus"

pj123 16:38 14 Feb 06

Gongoozler, thanks. Will pass that on and see what happens. Just checked my own settings and have a dot in "Restricted Sites Zone (more secure)" and a tick in "Warn me when other applications try to send email as me"

palinka 19:58 14 Feb 06

pj123 the problem with ticking "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" is that the reality is it prevents ALL attachments. Now if Uncle Gates could devise something that really did what it says on the tin........!

pj123 11:53 15 Feb 06

All done. Thanks Guys

Resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…