//some 3rd party need geo

unrouteable address

jabaga 15:12 13 Aug 05

Why does this sometimes appear when I send certain emails(not all)when I am 100% certain there is nothing wrong with the addressIt can't be my computer as nearly all my emails get through.

VoG II 20:52 13 Aug 05

Does this happen with just one e-mail address?

Are you using Outlook Express?

Is there an error number that accompanies the error message?

Diodorus Siculus 21:18 13 Aug 05

It can happen if you have an address with a name before it like

"Siculus, Diodorus" diosorus.siculus @ my mail .com

the initial comma can cause confusion with some mail programs.

jabaga 21:35 13 Aug 05

TO~VoG
Several email addresses using any of the following Outlook Express,Msn.Hotmail or Tiscali(Microsoft Internet Explorer)All similar problem although all of them work fine on the emails which "get through".
There is no specific error message but to a layman as myself there is a whole lot of "gobbledegook"!!!This is just one of the returned messages.
The message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients.This is a permanent error.The following address(es) failed [email protected]uteable address.Hope this helps!FROM~jabaga

Forum Editor 00:17 14 Aug 05

has highlighted a common reason for this error being generated. If you're selecting an address from your address book, make sure that there's no comma in front of the first word of the address.

jabaga 10:36 14 Aug 05

I'm afraid the comma isn't the problem.I've checked it out.

dave_and_confused 11:02 14 Aug 05
  jabaga 14:26 15 Aug 05

My response to "Dave" I was previously in touch with "vinasol"and was assured email was OK.I've just phoned them and they tell me their email facility is out of commission for reconstructuring(whatever that may mean!!)When I've sorted the other addresses out I'll be back in touch.Thanks for everyones' concern.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…