Unresponsive windows explorer windows 8

pujka1111 17:51 14 Mar 14

Hello,

I am having an issue with Windows 8 at the moment. It started when I tried to use the search function - I noticed the computer froze at this point. I tried to access the task manager via ctr+alt+del but the Task Manager would not open.

After turning my PC on and off again the same problem persists.

Since then I have tried many things such as uninstalling the Avast anti virus I had just installed and attempting to do a system restore.

However the uninstall and system restore option are totally unresponsive also!

I am not sure what to do as I can not do a system restore and can not uninstall the program I am sure is the problem. I don't have a windows disc to do a reboot unfortunately and I am totally confused at how to start the PC in safe mode.

Can anybody help!?

Thanks

BRYNIT 18:11 14 Mar 14

Not sure how to resolve your problem but this will help you boot into safe mode CLICK HERE

rdave13 18:36 14 Mar 14

Good link from BRYNIT but as it does boot up then just press and hold the SHIFT key while clicking on any 'power' icon and selecting restart. It will boot up to the advanced option screen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…