Unrequested Registry Cleaners

lightfeet 23:47 22 Jan 07

Have suddenly started receiving notifications headed Messenger Service from regwinclean.com & refreshxp.com warning me my registry may be corrupt & urging me to visit their sites to download a Cleaner. These flash up about every 15 minutes or so & I cannot get rid of them permanently, unless presumably, I download their Cleaners.
Is anyone else having this annoyance & how do I get rid of them without downloading their Cleaners?

brundle 23:49 22 Jan 07

If you are using XP you are probably not up to date with service packs. Use this (click here) to kill Messenger service popups.
Take a look at this thread too; click here

lightfeet 00:38 24 Jan 07

Thanks brundle for your so prompt reply (2 minutes!).You are correct, I have not updated to SP2 yet because following a hard drive failure I have replaced the drive & reloaded XP. Unfortunately, following the reloading of SP2 the computer hangs on start up & the only way I can get back into service is to use Safe Start & then remove SP2. I have posted a help request on this at click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…