Unreliable Wireless Broadband

Chrissie228 18:31 27 Jul 08

I recently moved house and was pleased to have successfully installed Virgin Broadband + Buffalo router + Belkin adaptor to my PC. Everything works ! But intermittently. Some days I get straight on, with excellent signal. Other days I have to fiddle with unplugging modem, resetting router, restarting my computer. Today I have low signal, which keeps 'blinking' - on and off.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:51 27 Jul 08

TRy changing the wireless channel you may be getting "interferance" with other users in your local.

Chrissie228 19:06 27 Jul 08

Thanks for your help - but how do I change wireless channel?

woodchip 19:07 27 Jul 08

and move the antenna around

woodchip 19:09 27 Jul 08

You have to go into router settings page using Internet Explorer, try typing 192.168.1.1 in address bar and press enter the try admin for password etc look under wireless settings for channel

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:01 27 Jul 08
  Chrissie228 20:37 27 Jul 08

THANKS to Fruit Bat and Woodchip - I think I have managed it ........... !
What I did - Using router installation disk - went into Client Manager/Profiles - then Scan.
Without your help, I would never have thought of Client Manager - I thought it was something 'in the environment' !!
BIG THANX

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…