//some 3rd party need geo

Unreliable infa-red

kentylad 12:16 25 Nov 03

I have an infa-red port on both my mobile phone and laptop, and wish synchronize certain settings on my mobile via laptop.

The phone is a nokia 6510, and I have the Nokia PC software specifically for the 6510. However, upon buying my data cable i realised i didn't have the right serial connection on my laptop. SO, i decided to try irda.

The laptop (after about 1 minute) seems to recognise the phone (XP Pro by the way) and the file transfer icon appears in the system tray. After about 2 mins of connectivity however, the connection is lost, even without any movement or obstructions. I have had similar problems with a Sony t68i, so i think it is definitly the laptop.

I have also heard that certain drivers for irda isssued by MS are unreliable, is this true? I have a VIA Fast Infa-red technology irda port on my laptop with driver version 1.20.0.1

Regards

Nick

Sam Witch 14:31 25 Nov 03

Does it work with any other devices?

I have laptop IR which works perfectly with my PDA but point blank refuses to connect to my Nokia 8310.
Phone wont connect to the PDA either.
I think it is a setting in the phone which I have not yet discovered.

Any Ideas?

johnnyrocker 14:38 25 Nov 03

might seem a silly question but do you have a phillips energy saving bulb for lighting or any other type? as they are notorious for interfering with infra red transmissions, might be way off the mark here but i have had it before!!

johnny.

kentylad 15:09 25 Nov 03

Johnny - as a matter of fact I do have an enerygy savig light bulb - which I did switch off however still lost the connection. Thanc for the suggestion anyhow

Sam Witch - I also have a PDA (Toshiba e350) which again will not sustain a connection with my laptop, and a like with your case; is not or will not recognise my mobile phone

I downloaded some drivers from the VIA site, but these were merely the same as those installed by XP

Any more ideas anyone?

Nick

kentylad 16:16 25 Nov 03

Is anyone familiar with the settings I may have to incorporate for the hardware?

I have now been receiving an error code pop-up from connection manager;

"Operation Failed: 80010105"

Any Ideas?

Nick

kentylad 21:09 25 Nov 03

refresh

Sam Witch 21:59 25 Nov 03

My Searches idicate 80010105 error (Microsoft VBasic Runtime 32809 - Application defined or object defined error) and something to do with an optimax scanner driver. Out of 71 hits on alltheweb search for 80010105 error

I have had no similar errors the connection just times out.

I will keep an eye out on this as funny enough I have a couple of energy saving bulbs about the place.

kentylad 22:03 25 Nov 03

It really has stumped me

I have crawled the net for answers but cannot find a sausage

It seems to recognise that the phone is there, and true it shows in the nokia connection manager, its just when i try and load synchronization software when it times out

Nick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…