UNRELIABLE CLOCK

Novis 14:14 12 Jun 03

Can anyone explain why my clock loses time? I run Windows 95 - from time to time, when I turn on my computer the clock is wrong by exactly an hour? I reset it - but the problem recurs. What's the problem? How can it be remedied?

AR

graham√ 14:17 12 Jun 03

This is usually a symptom of the motherboard battery failing. Get a new one before you take the old one out.

-pops- 14:22 12 Jun 03

Replace the battery quite soon otherwise you will start to get other problems like checksum errors and the BIOS losing its settings.

Brian

ton 14:25 12 Jun 03

Have you checked in 'time properties' that you are set for 'GMT London etc.' Also box ticked for 'Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes'

Pesala 17:10 12 Jun 03

Atomic Clock Sync (484 K) click here

Very quick and easy to ping the Atomic Clock to get an accurate time check and correct your system clock. You could put it in your start up group, or just run it whenever you notice any discrepancy. I takes only 5 seconds to check the time, then you can remove it from your system tray if you wish.

otubby1 22:38 12 Jun 03

Sorry about this chaps. I was going to start a new thread but all I could get was a 404 error :(

New server? Never happened before!

My question is, do all comps have a battery as I was led to believe? Only Aida reckons I don't have one.

VoG® 22:42 12 Jun 03

Where in Aida?

I found that if you "start a new subject" from within a thread it works, outside a thread it doesn't.

otubby1 22:56 12 Jun 03

In Misc > Power Management.

I'll try your advice next time I get a 404.

P.S. What happened to the tm??

DieSse 22:58 12 Jun 03

"My question is, do all comps have a battery as I was led to believe?"

If they didn't - what would keep the time - date-parameters when the system was switched off and unplugged.

Audeal 22:59 12 Jun 03

Novis. You could try Socketwatch. This runs everytime you log onto the internet and automaticly checks and corrects you clock. It can also be set to update the clock each hour.

click here

VoG® 23:00 12 Jun 03

Mine also says no battery but the last time I opened the case there was an object that I took to be a battery and the manual tells me tyere should be one.

As to the ™ I am very sad click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…