Unrecoverable read errors

paulhicko 11:38 17 Jun 03

I've been trying to create a back-up of my daughter's Sims PC game using Nero 5 Burning Rom but I keep getting 'unrecoverable read error' messages flashing up. Has anyone come across these before - and if so is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks

AndySD 12:35 17 Jun 03

Try using Clonecd .... you can try the evaluation version from click here

Pesala 19:05 17 Jun 03

If you are using CD-RW media that have been used many times before, you may get these errors. Another possibility is the burn speed. Some modern drives can burn much faster than some media can handle. I doubt whether there is any fault with the Software itself, just the wrong settings, faulty or poor quality media, or perhaps a faulty drive.

You could also try making a drive image on your hard disk first. My DVD drive often has problems reading prerecorded CDs, but the CD-RW drive can always manage fine. DVD drives work best with DVD disks, and not so good with standard CDs. That is what I understand anyway. Someone else may correct me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…