Unrecognised files in CD-Rom

pheonix31 12:55 15 Jun 03

When reading a CD, my drive will read the directory and display the files in the window but when I try to open a file or folder I get the message this file does not exist. This is a sudden occurence, and I am running Win 98.

Valvegrid 14:46 15 Jun 03

Have you tried different CD's and is the problem still the same? Just in case you have a defective CD.

Paul.

Valvegrid 17:38 18 Jun 03

Thanks for your email,I have put this back on the thread for you so others can help.

"Yes, tried various CD's all the same, points to a setting somewhere being changed but cant identify, neither can anyone else I suppose, someone else had tthe laptop for a period and was unused when it came back. Any other ideas. Thanks in advance3"

Can you tell us the type of files your trying to open, if you give some info on the file extensions it might give us a clue. One other thing, can you open the files on your hard drive OK?

Paul.

pheonix31 22:09 19 Jun 03

All types of files are the same, even folders evoke the same error.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…