unrecognised camera

Kassiopea 13:42 02 Nov 05

Hi - husband has a Konika camera with install CD but my XP home edition won't recognise it and I seem to have tried everything. As I'm not good and all the books say ` it should recognise....' which is no help when it won't I'm lost. Can anyone help with SIMPLE terms please.
Kassiopea

Carbonara 13:56 02 Nov 05

Have you tried just reading the card in a CardReader?

Poloman69™ 13:56 02 Nov 05

Are you connecting the camera to the pc via USB?

Poloman69™ 14:03 02 Nov 05

When you connected the camera to the pc - did you turn the camera on?
Silly little thing but it happens

nooney 14:21 02 Nov 05

With XP its very easy to access and download your photographs from all digital cameras.I use Casio and Fuji
Connect the camera via the USB cable and switch camera on.
Enter My Computer--click on new drive(possibly F:)
keep clicking until you see DCIM then click again to open your camera downloads.
You do not need camera software with XP.
You can then move photos into any folder

uisquebeathus 14:27 02 Nov 05

Hi, are the usb ports turned on in the motherboard bios and is the usb version 1.1 or version 2.0, what is the usb version for the camera?
If they are are they set in the Control panel/system manager/hardware/device manager/universal serial bus controller/usb root hubs/ properties/power management/ untick the box for the computer to turn of the powerfor usb devices.

anchor 14:31 02 Nov 05

As Carbonara said; use a USB card reader. These are now cheap, recognised immediately by XP, and easily available.

I have been a digital camera user for some years, and never bother with trying to get my camera recognised by Windows.

jack 15:08 02 Nov 05

To summerise all the valued auggestions.
1. With XP -camera software not required it is best to remove it and let Windoze do the work.
2. With the camera plugged in and switched on, please ensure the download 'button' is switched on as opposed to the taking button -how this works depends on the camera so read th book.
3. When all the above is achieved the camera will reveal its self as an extra drive in 'My Computer'
or use the the camera Wizard -See Windoze help file [F1].

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…