unreadable jpg email attachments

AndrosTeN 22:22 24 May 04

I have recently subscribed to BT broadband. I now find if I send pictures as email atttachments they do not arrive correctly. Some friends receive them fine, but others receive multipart messages in MIME format which they are unable to read. I am at a loss as to why this is happening. I have checked my Outlook Express settings but cannot see anything wrong. I have also tried sending with my anti-virus software (AVG) switched off as someone suggested it might be responsible. Any ideas anyone?

hugh-265156 22:27 24 May 04

not sure

try sending you email as plain text with an attachment and not as HTML maybe.

tools/options/send/mail sending format

also the recipient may have "do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that may contain a virus" ticked in tools/options/security that stops them from opening attachments.

hugh-265156 22:30 24 May 04

there again maybe not click here :-)

havnt a clue sorry

AndrosTeN 22:44 24 May 04

Thanks huggyg for the thoughts. Yes perhaps the plain text idea is worth a try. Don't think it's the "do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that may contain a virus" as they have no probs receiving from other people. I can't help wondering whether it's a BT thing, but am I being unfair ....?

Dark Knight 00:05 25 May 04

Have you tried putting all your JPGs in a Single Zip file (or similar eg .rar etc) and sending. Not sure Why but it appears virus checks etc don't mind if anything is placed in a zip folder. I have never had any trouble with JPGs though!

Wak 11:02 25 May 04

I don't know if this has anything to do with it but in Outlook Express/ tools/ accounts / properties/ advanced there is a line which allows you to limit the size of sent e-mails.
The large e-mails are then split into smaller sections and re-assembled when received.
Maybe they are not being assembled properly???
How is your OE set??

anchor 12:50 25 May 04

How large are the jpg`s you are sending?. Do they significantly vary in size?.

Check the suggestion given by Wak about size limits.

AndrosTeN 12:59 25 May 04

Wak & Anchor. Thank you both. I think we've cracked it! Yes there was a tick splitting files over 500. All fine now. Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…