Unreadable Hard drive

stevediggo 10:39 18 Aug 10

My sisters laptop has crashed, completed the windows 7 repair off disc all was ok for about 2 weeks, Samsung R720 duel core 4gb ram 320gb hard drive win7, cannot now do system restore as it was running system repair for about 6 hours and never completed, tried the recovery utility on the recovery partition, took out hard drive and placed in external caddy, and now it recognises the 3 partitions J,K,L. Drive L i can access Drive K, i can access, but cannot access Drive j just get the green/blue circle and all her stuff is on disk J all i want to do is access Drive J to pull off all her stuff so we can replace hard drive and re install any help please as i am totally baffled
Thank you

stevediggo 10:49 18 Aug 10

Forgot to add now get an error function cannot be completed due to something about I/O problem

Jollyjohn 11:21 18 Aug 10

Google for Puppy Linux 5. Download the .iso file and burn it to a cd.
Boot from this cd and then attach the external caddy. Mount the drive and see if you can access the data that way.
If you plug in a usb memory stick you should be able to copy the data to that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…