Unreadable email with strange web addresses

immer 09:05 09 Dec 10

A friend of mine keeps sending myself & others of his pals strange unreadable email with messages such as "click here "
or"click here", or another "click here"
We have all spoken to our friend but he says he is not sending these emails that are eminating from his computer. If I send him a messeage & he uses "reply" then the message is not corrupted. What should this bloke do to fix his PC and are we as recipiants in danger of contamination. I have the latest Norton on so feel safe but you never know. Advice please.

immer 09:07 09 Dec 10

My pal with the trash email is on Windows7 & I'm on XP

hastelloy 09:14 09 Dec 10

Your pal should do an immediate virus scan and download, update and run Malwarebytes click here. He has picked up something nasty from somewhere.

lotvic 09:20 09 Dec 10

If friends pc is clean and not infected (ask him to scan with his anti-everything he's got) then it's just spam, I had a couple this morning that were returned to me as 'Unable to Deliver'
I never sent them, the spammers spoof the 'sent from' address at random, they were not sent from my pc or my webmail.

By the way the links in your post only lead to adverts for male pills V**g*a, nothing more.

immer 12:14 09 Dec 10

Thanks, I have passed that lot on but I am advised the chap says he's done / used Norton scans which have produced nothing.....
We will have to see if the problem stopps but its a bit worrying to think he's quite oblivious to what he's sending out & one wonders if one would know if ones own pc was an agent for such things...is there any way of telling?

Woolwell 12:54 09 Dec 10

They are almost certainly e-mails with a spoof address (someone else is inserting your friend's e-mail address in it). If you look at the e-mail properties you may be able to see where it really did come from. Do not ever reply to these. BTW this is quite common.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac