Unread emails can i get rid of them

scolley 20:44 30 Jun 07

just bought a pc of a friend for my daughter i have made a new windows live email addy for her but when i switch on comp, its sayin she has 916 unread emails, messages this is on start up, ?? any ideas please,

rdave13 21:02 30 Jun 07

click here
might help.

Stuartli 21:04 30 Jun 07

Can you call up the e-mails?

If so, highlight the first e-mail and then scroll to the end of the e-mails (you may have to do it in smaller blocks of e-mails for ease), press the Shift key and highlight the last e-mail.

This will highlight them all. Right click and choose Delete.

Technotiger 21:04 30 Jun 07

Hi, I would delete the lot. Also download and run CCleaner click here this will get rid of a lot of rubbish and old temp files.

Also make sure the pc is well protected with anti-virus, anti malware, firewall etc....

scolley 21:33 30 Jun 07

hi all i have got the comp on next to me and my daughters name sayin to begin click on user name, by my daighters name its got 916 un read messages if i hover over these i can see there email addresses, but thats it, where do i go from there am novice as you might have gueesed,

Technotiger 21:55 30 Jun 07

Open the email program, probably Outlook Express, you should then see all the emails in the In Box/Folder (I am not familiar with OE because I use Incredimail), but they are all similar. You should then be able to highlight a bunch of emails and then Delete them, do so until all are gone. Other members who do use OE may come on and give you further assistance.

scolley 22:05 30 Jun 07

Technotiger outlook Express ont configered on this comp well thats whats its saying

Technotiger 22:06 30 Jun 07

OK, then open Outlook which is similar.

scolley 22:19 30 Jun 07

its out look express but no one on there yet and asking for new profile,

scolley 22:22 30 Jun 07

Beta am complete novice how do i do this ? please or get to it

p;3 22:23 30 Jun 07

question ; are you saying it is a brand NEW e mail addy? just created?

and has the PREVIOUS owner's e mail addy NOT been removed from the comp?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…