Unpartitioning (i.e. combining c& d drives)

reburner57 11:03 28 Aug 04

A couple of years back I upgraded to a 30gb drive which I partitioned into two 6's and a 12 with Windows on one of the 6's. Since then I 've installed a second 120gb drive so overall space isn't a problem but 6gb for my C drive running XP Home is getting a bit cramped. Is there a way in which I can combine the two 6gb, (C&D), as painlessly as possible

bremner 11:48 28 Aug 04

You will need a third party utility such as Partition Magic to do this I think click here for a trial download

cga 12:19 28 Aug 04

Yes - In addition Partition Magic has a very nice feature that allow you to scan you to scan your system for references to the old drive and change them to point to the new one.

It allows you a number of ways to do this. Either you can combine the drive (backup first) or you can shrink/move existing partitions and expand your C: into the free space.

I guess there are other partition manages that can do all of this but Partition Magic is the one I know (and would not be without).

pj123 14:37 28 Aug 04

Use Ranish free from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…