Unpacking .rar files

warthog01 15:48 15 Dec 04

I've downloaded a large application (Quicken) in .rar format. I extracted it with Winrar and now I have 18 tidy little bundles of 15mb each in the intended directory. Bad news is :( I haven't the faintest idea what to do with them now. there aren't any .exe or installation files as far as I can see--just those 18 bundles. Can anyone straighten me out?

Salinger 15:52 15 Dec 04

If you unpacked using WinRar and used the Wizard to put them in a Folder on your Desktop one of them should have had an .exe extension, I think!

warthog01 16:01 15 Dec 04

Salinger

Probably, but none of the bundles have an .exe extension and I don't know how to open them to view the files within!

Salinger 16:15 15 Dec 04

Since I don't know how you unpacked the WinRar file I can only tell you how I usually do it - download, use winRar to unpack, choose the Wizard to open a Folder on the Desktop, open the Folder and choose the one (most likely) to be the exe or install and open that to start the installation progress.

warthog01 17:09 15 Dec 04

Thanks, Salinger--I didn't try to open any of the individual bundles, just extracted the whole lot and then sat there scratching my head. The bundles are numbered 1 to 18. Would it normally be numero uno? I'll give it a shot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…