Unone Virus/trojan

GlynH 16:28 19 Mar 04

Anyone heard of this virus/Trojan??

I have Mcafee VS installed on WinXP Home. It is set to do a full system scan every night. Up until Wednesday it had never detected anything, however after it had updated it's DAT files, on the Thursday morning when I checked the log, it had detected and Quarantined 2 files infected with 'Unone'.

I did a full scan yesterday afternoon and it found nothing. Then the overnight scan found two files (name made up of lots of letters and numbers) located in the C:\System Volumes.... folder infected with the same virus. I don't know if they were restore point info or something.

The only thing I had done last night was play online on the internet, so perhaps somebody had install it while I was playing?

I have tried to look on the internet but cannot find any info about Unone. Apparently according to Mcafee, the DAT updat I d/l on the 17th, now includes detection for Unone. So how long I have had it resident for is anyones guess.

Does anyone know if it is dangerous??

Cheers

LastChip 16:42 19 Mar 04

If you have System Restore enabled, disable it and rescan. See what result you get.

GlynH 10:20 20 Mar 04

Completed 2 more scans overnight and didn't detect anything. God knows what is happening as I couldn't delete or clean the two files found the other day and they must still be on there.

VoG II 10:23 20 Mar 04

As LastChip says you need to disable system restore click here

VoG II 10:24 20 Mar 04

P.S. if you did that, they've been flushed from a restore point. Don't forget to turn System Restore back on.

GlynH 23:27 20 Mar 04

Cheers for that. Once I turned off the System Restore I was able to delete the restore point file found on Thursday from the Quarentine.

Scanned twice prior to turning it back on and found nothing. Now turned back on.

Don't suppose you've heard of Unone though?

gudgulf 23:48 20 Mar 04
  GlynH 01:31 21 Mar 04

Cheers Gudgulf, I couldn't find the info when I looked the other day. Mind at rest now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…