The unofficial Service Pack 3

Jaro 23:28 18 Nov 06

Has anyone tried this upgrade suite for Windows?I got this pack on DVD from PCPlus and just want to know whether its safe to install it ?

johnnyrocker 23:31 18 Nov 06

doubt it. if ok ms would issue it imho

johnny.

woodchip 23:34 18 Nov 06

Not seen it. But my guess is it will be OK. And that it contains all the Updates that as been released. Have a Look at the CD in Windows Explorer, there may be a Readme file etc

SANTOS7 23:39 18 Nov 06

click here
if this is what you have it may do more harm than good, if your PC is running well, why compromise it..

Jaro 23:44 18 Nov 06

i have just found out that what they call Service Pack 3 is just pack of security, media, system and application tools plus some games. its not as i thought it would be the all updates. sorry i posted it before actually look at it. and there are some interesting tools anyway :)

johnnyrocker 23:46 18 Nov 06

as i said.

johnny.

woodchip 23:46 18 Nov 06

Best thing to do If you want to try the SP3. Is use a Image Program like Acronis True Image or Norton Ghost, And create a Image of your Drive before you try it. I used the Unofficial Win98se Service Pack from the Bottom of the page after doing the above, No problems and it's still on the Computer. But as Above If your Comp works OK and you load updates then Why reload them

SANTOS7 23:47 18 Nov 06

its an interesting post, and others may be fooled into thinking it will be beneficial to download,
I would still be wary of what it contains and would read all info supplied very carefully before hand..

Stuartli 23:48 18 Nov 06

I haven't seen the DVD but, as a highly reputable publication, PCPro wouldn't offer it if it wasn't 100 per cent genuine.

From the description of the contents it seems very similar to AutoPatcher.

SANTOS7 23:50 18 Nov 06

click here
as for the genuine article, seems a long way off yet..

Jaro 23:51 18 Nov 06

yes that is what i thought why risk to update anyway if my comp runs very good. but its not the question now cos its not what i thought it would be. thank you for the replies to all of you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009