//some 3rd party need geo

Unmoveable URL's - well not now

hoverman 12:55 14 Jun 03

Anyone following the recent thread from tedz will know that I also have had problems with URL's that will not clear. I had more go with Supercleaner and this time selected to clear index.dat files. After rebooting they had disappeared. It would appear to me that Windows XP will not allow index.dat files to be deleted. Am I correct?

Jester2K II 13:04 14 Jun 03

Yes but Supercelaner can do it. Sorry didn't think of the Index.dat at the time.

Gaz 25 13:10 14 Jun 03

Safe mode, and change permissions in XP home, it seamed to let me delete it then, but thanks.

Jester2K II 13:19 14 Jun 03

I used to use EditPadLite (click here) because although its a text editor you can load the file into it and then delete the contents and save the file. Simple just reboot and its clear.

Supercleaner just makes it taht bit easier....

hoverman 13:55 14 Jun 03

Thanks to all - especially for pointing me towards Supercleaner which I have now purchased. The mind boggles as to why Microsoft didn't point me towards the index.dat files when I had the same thing happen with my previous PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…