UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

neil_raj 16:54 16 Dec 05

First of all:

Got a new hard drive for laptop; tried to install XP OS... no worries untill it got to 13 minutes to completion.... got the BLUE screen of death saying.....UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME.

Thought I could access the BIOS..... esc/f5/f8/delete keys have no effect on startup, only f8 brings up safe mode.

The plot deepends:

Put XP OS CD Rom in again and BEFORE I get the option to NEW INSTALL or REPAIR the installation.... Windows Startup FREEZES at "Examining Startup Environment".

Used the 6 startup floopies (thanks Fruit Bat), but nothing works.

Help!

Regards..... Neil.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:57 16 Dec 05

Unmountable Boot Volume
click here

dunc1234 19:57 16 Dec 05

check the obvious of, is you pc capable of running xp, min of 500 cpu and 128mb ram, if not that good then your on dicey ground, if it is then i would say you have a faulty memory stick.

scrounge or buy another stick, format the drive and try again making sure you have removed existing stick(s) of memory.if i'm wrong the worst scenario is you have extra memory to go in your pc, very doubtfull if its harddrive because, 1. its new, 2. if bad i would expect it to be totally non-usable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…