Unlocking Mobile Phones (Orange)

Jester2K 17:22 21 Dec 03

Can anyone recommend a company to unlock an Orange Mobile phone so i can use another Providers SIM card in it?

Currently my partners Orange phone gets no signal (zero bars) at home so i can't call or text her on it should i need to. Also it means the battery goes from full to zero in about 24 hours. Sometimes txts can take up to 3 days to reach her even when she takes it to work where they have full coverage!

I've contacted Orange and they need some information from the Account when the phone was registered with them via the net. As this was optional she didn't do it when the phone was bought. So I'm trying to set up the account now. To do so you need to agree the T&C and enter the phone number. A text msg is sent with a code which is then entered into the next page. The first attempt the web site refused the number! After that it won't give me a new number. If i try to register my registered phone it tells me its already registered which is fine but an unregistered phone is met with "Sorry we are having technical problems etc"

Its taken me a week of e-mails to get this far with Orange. I don't begrudge them there £20 to unlock it in 7 - 10 days but there are websites that claim they can do this in 24 hours for a fiver. This is becoming more attractive.

So can anyone recommend a site that isn't a rip off and does the job???

Or is there a way of giving Orange a kick in the pants? I'd been warned they might drag their feet over this...

AubreyS 17:29 21 Dec 03
  Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 17:33 21 Dec 03

click here bit cheaper but not used them.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:33 21 Dec 03

click here lots of advice from free to £15 here ;-))

G

AubreyS 17:38 21 Dec 03

If you have any shops near to you that sell mobile phone spares, you could try one of those. They will often unlock a phone for you.

Jester2K 17:39 21 Dec 03

AubreyS - not entirely sure what i need from there.

GANDALF <|:-)> - tried that too and same as above.

ÑÌÇKÑÂMË - excellent but they don't do the Nokia 3310... Which i didn't mention before (Slap!)

Jester2K 17:40 21 Dec 03

I did ask in one but was met with suspision... I think I'll try another.

spuds 17:40 21 Dec 03

Have you checked with any local independent mobile phone shop or the local electrical/cb radio outlet.In my hometown there are a number of 'while you wait' unlocking outlets. Prices depend on type and model, but usually starts at around a fiver for the regular models.

Jester2K 17:42 21 Dec 03

Shopping it is tomorrow...

Cheers

Djohn 17:44 21 Dec 03

click here have a look here, £3.00

Jester2K 17:47 21 Dec 03

click here

I did look at this before but it doesn't support 3310 either.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…