Unlock multiplier on CPU

Beb? 18:35 25 Aug 03

Does anyone know of any methods which allow you to change the multplier settings on an Athlon XP processor?

I have been told by some one in a local computer shop that there is a motherboard that allows you to do this but he said that he isn't allowed to say, otherwise he would be 'encouraging me to overclock', which is apparently agaisnt company policy

jospar 18:55 25 Aug 03

most mobo will allow you to over clock have a look at click here. This site will give you more details and information.

Rayuk 19:27 25 Aug 03

If you use an nforce2 board it will unlock the lower settings so you can overclock the fsb to say 200 and lower the multiplier to 10.
There is also a riskier wire trick on the cpu itself.

Beb? 19:30 25 Aug 03

Is there any point in lowering the multiplier ad increasing the FSB? wont that just give you the same performance but with more heat?

Rayuk 19:33 25 Aug 03

Plenty for you to peruse
click here
The wire trick only opens 5 to 12.5
click here

Rayuk 19:37 25 Aug 03

Apparantly not it is better,also you run the cpu and fsb in sync for better performance.but you will have to do a bit of your own research on that.
I have the Asus A7N8X deluxe board the beauty being that you can lock the agp slot to 66MHz so you can get higher fsb without overclocking the agp.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…