Unlock BT HOME HUB V.1.0 *PASSWORD PROBLEMS *

Artqueen 23:18 06 Mar 09

Hi,
Yes another home hub problem :S
I just recently got a new laptop with built in wireless and my current router has no wireless facilities. Hence I am trying to unlock my old BT home hub so I can use it with my talktalk connection.

I have tried to resolve as much of the problem my self. I have the speed touch upgrade wizard and the instructions on how to do it.

The problem is that once the wizard detects the hub it asks for a user name and password. This is supposed to be admin/admin but it won't accept this. I have also tried admin/serial code and it accepts this but at 99% progress it fails with authauntification problems. I can’t remember my username or password so I tried resetting the hub but still no success.

Are there any other possible usernames/passwords I could use?? Or if possible can somebody please explain to me how to connect both routers together and have my HH as a wireless access point only.

Tech Guy 01:56 07 Mar 09

You can't use an old BT home hub for any other provider, and I don't think you can use it as an AP either.

Artqueen 12:39 07 Mar 09

Thanks for your reply tech guy :)
however, checking on various sites it is actually possible to unlock the hub as many people have actually done it before. the process of unlocking the hub is even sold on ebay and sellers have had positive feedback.

as i said before my only problem is the user name and password which if i could find, then i could successfully flash the hub.

T0SH 13:44 07 Mar 09

If you still have the origional CD that came with the home hub there is software on it in the Utils folder that will allow you to flash the firmware back to the version as it came to you new

After this is done the password will be reset to admin /admin

Follow the how to procedure below (I copied from somewhere online but sadly I can`t remember from where now) then start the flash process using the software from the CD

"Hold the 'Wireless allocation" button in for 20 seconds. Whilst holding this button, pull out power cord for 5 seconds. Then, plug in the power cord still holding the button for a futher 5 seconds. Finally, let go of everything (safely) and leave for about 30 seconds.
this never happened Your power light should turn from flashing red to a nice shade of amber and your hub is now ready to be flashed. Mine never required a flash it started working on its own"

Cheers HC

Tech Guy 13:51 07 Mar 09

Yes it's the same as the sky routers, there is a way to crack the router but I'm sure there are websites with step by step instructions on "how to".

goodluck

Rayle 13:23 09 Mar 09

The BT forum should have the answer click here

sharpamat 12:04 10 Mar 09

Never done it myself however a friend used this
click here
It did work and they are now using it as a top quality wirless router

Artqueen 18:41 11 Mar 09

thanks guys,

tosh, i dnt have the original cd..av actually miss placed all the things that came with the hub.

rayle, thanks for the link but i literally went through all the pages and nothing helped

and sharpamat, these are the procedures that i have tried using but for some reason my home hub has a different username and password..

av actually nearly given up..thinking of buying netgear v3 router which hopefully will be compatable with talktalk :)

Tech Guy 19:37 11 Mar 09

artqueen

"av actually nearly given up..thinking of buying netgear v3 router which hopefully will be compatable with talktalk :)"

It will work for Talktalk, I used to be a 2nd line Techy for them. But if you phone Talktalk you can buy a router from them for £30, just a thought.

T0SH 16:15 12 Mar 09

Download the firmware update software from here it comes as a zip file extracting it will get you the update program and a version of the firmware

click here

Follow this process to get the hub in a mode where it will update its firmware without asking for the currently set password

"Hold the 'Wireless allocation" button in for 20 seconds. Whilst holding this button, pull out power cord for 5 seconds. Then, plug in the power cord still holding the button for a futher 5 seconds. Finally, let go of everything (safely) and leave for about 30 seconds. Your power light should turn from flashing red to a nice shade of amber and your hub is now ready to be flashed"

At this point goto the folder where you extracted the firmware update software to and run the update
program, once this is complete the user name & password will be reset to admin/admin

Cheers HC

Zeppelyn 22:37 13 Mar 09

To reset the password stick a pin in the little hole on the back for 15 secs, lights will flash and it will go back to defaults, user is admin, password is admin.

Simple as that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…